Our next meeting will be held this Friday at the Barrimoon Siding at the Kalpowar end of the tunnels at 10:00 am.
Following the meeting we will be conducting a guided tour of the tunnels.
DIRECTIONS: If you are traveling from the Gladstone end:
- turn left just before you reach Kalpowar onto the road heading to Gin Gin
- continue for only 1.5 km (approx.) and veer left onto Barrimoon Road (not sure if this is signed)
- continue veering left until you reach a rail-way gate (we should all be there to show you in).
- WATCH OUT for logging trucks around this area!
- If you do find yourself lost, I am sure if you drop into Kalpower one of the locals will head you in the right direction.
You must be a member to participate in the tour for insurance purposes. We will have registration forms available on the day.
Please ensure you wear appropriate walking shoes, hat, sunscreen and bring along water.
No motorised vehicles will be allowed on the track.
Become a member today and come and join the rail trail craze